We Should Be Thankful To These Unsung Heroes Who Are Feeding Poor In Tough Times
There are many people in this world who are so poor that they can’t even afford daily meals and many times they don’t have money to buy food for themselves. It is certainly very disturbing that some people have to sleep empty stomach but there are some people and institutions which are constantly working towards providing food to the hungry and that too, either free of cost or at very less cost.
We will also talk about those who did a commendable job during the coronavirus lockdown and other occasions:
1.Gurudwaras: There are many gurudwaras which organize “langar (free food)” on a daily basis and they act as support system for poor people. During the coronavirus lockdown, Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee started the campaign, “langar on wheels” especially for the migrant workers who were returning to their native on foot. In fact 15 new vehicles were used by the committee to provide food to the needy on various parts of the Delhi border.
2. Rani, the Idli Queen: 70-yr old Rani from Rameshwaram has been providing idlis free of cost to poor people for a long time now. Once while talking to ANI, Rani said that her family has been running this shop for three generations and they don’t charge anything from poor people. A plate of idli which cost Rs. 30 at their shop will cost around Rs. 80-100 in other restaurants.
3. Amma Canteens: Late Jayalalithaa started Amma Canteens in 2016 in Tamil Nadu, at that time she was the chief minister of the state. The food rates were highly subsidized in these canteens because of which even the poor people were able to feed themselves with hygienic and tasty food.
4. Indira canteens: In 2017, Indira canteens were launched by the Karnataka government on the lines of Amma canteens. These canteens provided a great relief to the poor labourers and workers by selling food at subsidized rates.
5. Vikas Khanna: One of the most popular chefs, Vikas Khanna who is based in New York started the Feed India campaign in the month of April and since then, 50 million Indians have been provided food under this campaign. In the times of coronavirus pandemic, such campaign has brought smiles on many faces.
6. Harsh and Heena Mandavia: Heena and Harsh Mandavia, the mother-son who own the Harsh Thali and Parathas, Mumbai also worked hard to feed poor people during the coronavirus pandemic. They started this drive in May and fed more than 13500 people under the #FeedTheNeedy campaign. Many people also made donations for helping them in a financial manner.
7. Khalsa Aid: It is an international NGO which provided food for the Indian farmers in Punjab when the farmers were protesting against the agriculture reform bills. This organization also provided aid to people during the Delhi riots (2020), Assam and Kerala floods.
8. Tamilarasan: Tamilarasan works as a tea-seller in Alanganallur, Madurai and despite his low earnings he spends a part on feeding poor and homeless people.
9. Karnataka mobile canteen: 30 mobile canteens termed as 30 Savi Ruchi Sanchari canteens were launched by Karnataka government in 2018. What made this mission more special was the fact that each vehicle was managed by 15 women and these 30 vehicles used to work in 30 districts.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
14 Weirdest Yet Creative Names Of Restaurants Around The World That Will Make You Go WTF
“What’s in a name?,” said the popular English poet and dramatist William Shakespeare and this quote might have been true…
8 Food Items That Will Make Your Skin Look Young, Healthy & Radiant
There is no denying the fact that looking good is very important nowadays but at one fell swoop, it is…
7 Food Items Which Will Make Your Hair Healthy, Strong & Shiny
There is no denying the fact that the quality of our lifestyle has degraded to certain extent due to the…
10 Essential Food Items To Include In Your Daily Diet To Boost The Immune System
The coronavirus pandemic has made us realize that our health is the most important wealth that we should possess and…
Ritika Sajdeh Epic Response To Yuzi’s Birthday Post For Rohit Sharma Is Something You Just Can’t Miss
Rohit Sharma, the Indian cricketer who is presently leading his team Mumbai Indians in the IPL 2021 turned 34 on…
“Bumrah Honeymoon Pe Kiske Saath Hai,” Question Fans As Sanjana Ganesan Is Back To Work
Many young Indian cricketers have made their debut in the recent past in the Indian cricket team and with their…
Virat Kohli’s Perfect Reply To Yuzvendra Chahal When The Spinner Tries to Troll the RCB Skipper
Virat Kohli, the Indian skipper is not just known for his wonderful cricketing skills but also for his love for…
Virat & Anushka’s Daughter Sets Twitter On Fire, Memers Say “Tough Competition For Taimur”
Indians are known for their love for Bollywood and Cricket and celebrities from both these fields enjoy a huge fan…