15 ROFL-ing Bhojpuri Proverbs That Stay True In Every Era
It is common assumption in the other parts of the India that only Hindi is spoken in the northern part of the India but in reality there are few other local languages which are also used for communication.
Bhojpuri is one such language which is mostly spoken in eastern Uttar Pradesh, western Bihar and Terai region of Nepal. As per the People’s Linguistic Survey Of India, Bhojpuri is one of the fastest growing languages of the world and a lot of credit goes to the Bhojpuri movies industry for making the language popular.
If you are one of those who has no knowledge of Bhojpuri, then today we will introduce you with the language using some Bhojpuri proverbs which are quite funny. Proverbs are simple and traditional sayings which tell a truth based on the experience, wisdom and common sense and they are usually written in metaphorical language.
Here are 15 funny Bhojpuri proverbs with their meanings:
1. Haathi chale bazaar, kukur bhooke hazaar (When the elephant goes to the market, 1000 dogs bark at him).
2. Khet khaye gadha, maar khaye julha (The donkey grazes the field and master gets beaten up).
3. Hathiya hathiya kalian, gadaho na le aylan (Talked so much about elephants, didn’t even get a donkey)
4. Udat chirai ke haldi lagalwal (Rubbing turmeric on a flying bird).
5. Bad bad jana dahail jaas, gadha pooche katna paani (While great men are drowning, the donkey is inquiring about the depth of the water).
6. Mile miyaan ke maand na, aa biryani ke farmaaish (The guy is not even getting rice water but demands biryani.)
7. Nava dekhle kankhe bar (On seeing a barber, he finds hair under his armpit.)
8. Ban par lin bilari, musa kaheli, je hamri joe (When the cat is away in the forest, the rat says, “she’s my wife”).
9. Chhati par bal nahi, bhal se larai (No hair on his chest and he is going to fight a bear)
10. Aanhar guru bahir chela, maange gud te deva dhela (Blind master, deaf pupil, Ask for jaggery, get a rock.)
11. Aapan gaand hawai, dusar ke kare dawai.( His own ass is wounded & he is rubbing medicine on someone else’s ass)
12. Baithal baniya ka kare, yeh kothi ke dhaan oo kothi dhare. (What would a shopkeeper with no work do? Shift the grains from one room to another)
13. Thook chatla se piyaas na bujhaye. (You cannot quench your thirst by licking spit.)
14. Gaand ughar god bichiya.( Your ass is bare but you are wearing a toe-ring).
15. Babua janmale gor na bhaile te abtala se hokhiyan. (When the baby wasn’t born fair, how’d the lotion help)
Which one is your favorite Bhojpuri proverb, do let us know.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
14 Weirdest Yet Creative Names Of Restaurants Around The World That Will Make You Go WTF
“What’s in a name?,” said the popular English poet and dramatist William Shakespeare and this quote might have been true…
8 Food Items That Will Make Your Skin Look Young, Healthy & Radiant
There is no denying the fact that looking good is very important nowadays but at one fell swoop, it is…
7 Food Items Which Will Make Your Hair Healthy, Strong & Shiny
There is no denying the fact that the quality of our lifestyle has degraded to certain extent due to the…
10 Essential Food Items To Include In Your Daily Diet To Boost The Immune System
The coronavirus pandemic has made us realize that our health is the most important wealth that we should possess and…
Ritika Sajdeh Epic Response To Yuzi’s Birthday Post For Rohit Sharma Is Something You Just Can’t Miss
Rohit Sharma, the Indian cricketer who is presently leading his team Mumbai Indians in the IPL 2021 turned 34 on…
“Bumrah Honeymoon Pe Kiske Saath Hai,” Question Fans As Sanjana Ganesan Is Back To Work
Many young Indian cricketers have made their debut in the recent past in the Indian cricket team and with their…
Virat Kohli’s Perfect Reply To Yuzvendra Chahal When The Spinner Tries to Troll the RCB Skipper
Virat Kohli, the Indian skipper is not just known for his wonderful cricketing skills but also for his love for…
Virat & Anushka’s Daughter Sets Twitter On Fire, Memers Say “Tough Competition For Taimur”
Indians are known for their love for Bollywood and Cricket and celebrities from both these fields enjoy a huge fan…